An idea of the kind of day today has been:
Go to pay for groceries at Monoprix, realize I have no cash on me. Decide to use my Ticket-resto, except that my bill is too small and they don’t give change. Run to buy a bottle of wine (of course) and while doing so my purse and grocery bag slide off the counter and dump their contents on the floor.
Contents of Purse:
- Every piece of spare change in Europe, apparently
- Also every piece of spare change in Canada
- Diary of a Provincial Lady (excellent, btw)
- So many bobby pins. How do I even own that many bobby pins, and why am I keeping them in my purse
Contents of grocery bag:
- 4 different kinds of cheese
Shamefacedly collect my belongings, trying to ignore the very surly line-up behind me. Now bill is too much and need to fish through mountains of change to pay remainder.
Nail in the coffin was someone in line hissing “Les Americains!” while I was leaving.
Final blow was someone muttering somewhere in line “Les Americains!”